Killings brings you our weekly selection of posts that have amused, enlightened and generally distracted us.
Shall we start our list with other lists? Yes, we shall:
- famous authors on why they write
- lessons learned from the late Nora Ephron
- the little known second verses of ten children’s songs
- a brief lit list for ‘young readers’
- and 11 authors who hated the movie versions of their books.
Listen to an English Lit professor discuss his newly created Ulysses app.
You can also listen to humorous human Louis CK chatting about when he sold tickets directly to fans.
Looking forward to a weekend sleep in? Studies show you really can learn while you sleep – two birds, one comfortable stone.
To keep you awake at your desk before weekend, here are some tunes – meat and music apparently a make a mean mix.
Long time New Yorker receptionist has written a book about her desk-based adventures.
McSweeney’s guide to writing better than you normally do – yes please and thank you.
We’d never say no to some animated fun. Check out this short from these geniuses at Pixar.
Have a nice weekend!